If you drive leads to your website from your TikTok ads, then you can track those leads by adding the TikTok Pixel on your website.
Part 1: Create Pixel
- Log in to your TikTok Ads Manager dashboard.
- Click Assets at the top of the dashboard and select Events from the dropdown menu.
- On the Event Manager page, navigate to Web Events and click Manage.
- Click the Set Up Web Events button.
- Enter a Pixel Name. When prompted to choose a connection method, select TikTok Pixel.
- Select Manually install pixel code, then click Next.
- When asked to select the event setup mode, select Standard Mode.
- Copy the pixel code by clicking Copy Pixel Code or clicking directly on the code itself.
Part 2: Add the Pixel Code to Your Website
- Navigate back to your liveBooks dashboard and click on CONTENT at the top of the page.
- In the top-right corner of the CONTENT panel, click on Footer underneath the section labeled Global Sidebar.
- On the Footer page, click one of the green (+) buttons, then select HTML from the menu items to create a new HTML Block.
- PASTE the code inside the HTML Block, then click Save.
- Once the code is saved, click the green PUBLISH button at the top of your site.
After you've published your website, you should check to see if pixel installation was successful before proceeding to create events in Events Manager.
Part 3: Set up Events
Return to your TikTok Ads Manager dashboard. You will be prompted to create the "events" that website visitors will take that the pixel can track.
- Click Events: Count every time someone clicks on a specific element on your website as an event. This could be adding something to a cart, submitting a form, or downloading an app. Click events use web elements of the buttons or links you want to track.
- URL Events: Count user visits to specific pages on your website as events. This could include the confirmation page after a purchase or a thank you page. URL events use keywords contained in the URL of the page you want to track.