Google Analytics offers you a great and free way to monitor the different traffic going to your website. You can verify Google Analytics by adding the Google Analytics 4 Tag - also known as the G-Tag - to your website using the steps below.
Before you get started:
- If you have not yet created a Google Analytics account, you can find out how here.
- If already have a Google Analytics account, then you can refer to Google’s instructions to switch to the new Google Analytics 4 Tag.
Note: You will have to remove any previous Google Analytics implementations on the website when you add the new Google Analytics 4 Tag.
Part 1: Create Your GA4 Tag in Google Analytics
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Under PROPERTY, click + Create Property
- Enter your Property Name (i.e. your website or business name), set a time zone, then click Next.
- You can answer Google's questions about how you will use your account, but it is not required. Click Create at the bottom of the page.
- When prompted to choose a platform, select Web.
- Enter your Website URL and Stream Name (i.e. your website or business name), then click Create Stream.
- On the Stream Details page, scroll down to the section labeled Google tag, and click on View tagging instructions.
- Click the tab labeled Install manually, then COPY the G-Tag, which is the code circled in the screenshot below. It should be in this format: G-XXXXXXXXXX
Part 2: Add the Tag to Your Website
- Navigate back to your liveBooks dashboard. Click the "gear" icon at the top of the page to navigate to the Settings dashboard.
- Click Apps at the top of the Settings dashboard.
- Click the Add Third Party App button on the left-hand side of the page.
- Select Google Analytics 4 from the menu that appears.
- Paste the G-Tag in the field provided, then click Save.