Google Analytics is a great way to monitor and gauge the traffic on your liveBooks website.
There are two methods for placing a Google Analytics tracking code:
- A Universal Analytics (UA) tag
- A Global Site (GA4) tag
Option 1: Add a UA Tag
1. Go to google.com/analytics and click Create An Account.
2. On the next page, select Sign Up.
3. Complete your site and account information.
4. Select Get Tracking ID.
5. Copy the code that starts with "UA"
6. Back in the liveBooks Dashboard, select the Settings icon in the gray navigation bar.
7. Select Apps.
8. Click on Add Connection.
9. Select Google Analytics under Analytics
10. Paste the UA code and select Save
11. Back in the Google Analytics window, select Save.
Option 2: Add a GA4 Tag
1. Sign in to your Analytics account.
2. Click Admin.
3. Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
4. Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
5. Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code.
6. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page; the tag is made up of several lines of code that you will want to place on your website. COPY the code. It should look like the example below:
<!-- Global Site Tag (gtag.js) - Google Analytics -->
... (several lines of code) ...
7. Navigate back to your liveBooks dashboard and click on CONTENT at the top of the page.
8. In the top-right corner of the CONTENT panel, click on Footer underneath the section labeled Global Sidebar.
9. On the Footer page, click one of the green (+) buttons, then select HTML from the menu items to create a new HTML Block.
10. PASTE the code inside the HTML Block, then click Save.
Now you can go into your Google Analytics dashboard and click around, see everything that's in the lefthand navigation, and start to track your traffic!