To use StatCounter to analyze your traffic and count how many people visit your website, first go to statcounter.com.
1. Go to Statcounter.com
2. Select Sign Up near the top of the page.
3. Create an account, and following the prompts.
4. Add a project, which will be the URL of your website, then choose the options you prefer (invisible tracking vs. a visible counter, etc.)
5. The next page has links with instructions for various web publishing platforms. You don't need to do anything on this page.
6. Click the Home tab and scroll down. You'll see the name of your website hyperlinked within a gray table. On the right-hand side of the table, underneath Settings, select the padlock icon.
7. In the list of links on the left-hand side of the next page, select Security Code (ninth from the top).
8. A Project ID and Security Code will appear. You'll use these to link up your StatCounter account with your website.
9. Leaving the StatCounter tab or window open, open a new browser window and navigate to your website's Dashboard on the platform.
10. Click on the Settings icon in the gray navigation bar.
11. Select the Apps tab under the Settings header, and then click on the green Add Third Party App button to begin connecting.
12. Select the Analytics tab, and then click on the StatCounter tile.
13. Switch back over to the StatCounter window, highlight the Project ID, and hit CTRL+C to copy it.
14. Back in the Settings window, paste the Project ID into the first field in the StatCounter block.
15. Follow Steps 4-5 for the Security Code as well, then select Save.
Your website activity is now being tracked by StatCounter!