There are a few different ways you can add a Button to your website. Two ways are through the Content tool, and the other is through the Design tool.
All of the ways noted in this article require you to have your URL ready to input in the Enter URL field, so be sure you have that before creating your button! You are also given the option to type in the title of a page on your website to link the button to another page.
Add a Button Within a Content Block
There are two methods to add a button within an existing content block - within the Content panel, and within the Design panel.
From the Content Panel
- Navigate to the content block with text that you'd like to turn into a button (this will most likely be a Text Block or Simple List content block. Our example below shows how to add a button while in the Content tool).
- Highlight the text, and then select the "Insert Button" icon above the description field (see GIF below for reference).
- Click on the empty popup box that appears, and select one of the pages from your website, or paste in a URL that you have copied. Then, click the Add button and wait for the blue check mark to appear, signifying that the change has been saved.
- Click the green Publish button when you’re ready to take your changes live!
From the Design Panel
- Select the Design tab in the gray navigation bar and select the page that has the text you'd like to turn into a Button.
- Highlight the text you would like to make into a Button. In the black box that appears, click on the Create/Remove Button icon.
- In the black box that appears, paste the URL you'd like to link to or type in the name of another page on your website to link the button.
- Click the Open in a new window icon if you'd like the button to open a new window in the visitor's browser.
- Select the blue Save button.
- Click the Publish button to take your changes live!
The steps above show you how to add buttons to content blocks that already have content within it. However, if you want a standalone button, you can add a button content block.
Add a Button Content Block
- Select the Content panel in the gray navigation bar, and click into the page where you’d like to add a button.
- Navigate to the Content Block where you would like to add the button. In the text area, type the words that you would like to appear on the button.
- Highlight the text that you entered, then click the "Insert Button" icon just above the text box (see screenshot below).
- Paste the URL for the desired store category in the text box that appears, then click Add.
The text will appear in a grey rectangle, which denotes that it is a button. A blue checkmark will appear to confirm that the changes were made successfully.