Note: Image file metadata (from photoshop, lightroom, etc) does not auto-import into the image’s Title, Description, Tags or Photo Credit fields of the image details. This data must be manually entered via the website editor.
Adding information to your images is important for both the viewer as well as your site's overall SEO. The easiest way to do this is from your Images collection
- Select Content
- Select Collections
- Click Images
- Once in Images, highlight the image you wish to edit and click the pencil icon
You will then be prompted to add information and details pertaining to this image into specific areas.
- Details - information that pertains to the image. Title, Description, Photo Credit and Photo Credit URL are available.
- SEO - Details added here are highly important. You are able to add the Alt Title, Alt Description and Filename This text appears inside the image container when the image can not be displayed. It helps search engines understand what an image is about and helps your SEO. NOTE: If no Alt data is provided, the Details fields will become the default for SEO. Also included is the ability to change the file name of an image.
- Tags - Adding tags to your images within this section will allow you to organize and filter your Images collection. Each tag you add here will be something you are able to filter with.
Additionally, you are able to adjust the overall image quality on an image by image basis if so desired. Just click the setting wheel and choose your desired quality option.
- Custom - You are able to adjust per image, directly within the Image Details box, how it is displayed and at what quality.
- Default - This chooses the image display settings you have chosen for your entire Images collection. For more details on this, click here.
- None - This will load and display the image exactly at the quality/size you have uploaded to your Images collection