Schema.org was created in 2011 to create and support a common set of schemas for structured data markup on web pages. Schema is a type of microdata that makes it easier for search engines to parse and interpret the information on your web pages more effectively so they can serve relevant results to users based on search queries (source).
A Schema type is essentially the category of your website. It is a broad label for your business. As you choose a Schema type in your SEO settings, you will see a long list of types to choose from. Choose a Schema Type that best fits the type of business or website you run (Example:ProfessionalService for a Event Photographer):
1. Navigate to the Settings by clicking on the gear icon in the gray navigation bar.
2. Select SEO under the Settings header.
3. At the bottom you will see Schema.org, select your Schema.org Type here in the dropdown area:
4. The 'Schema.org Type' area auto-populates as you enter text making it easy to choose your particular organization type.
EXAMPLE: if you are a photographer, you would choose the 'photograph action' option.
5. Select the Publish button