Here is how to configure your DNS settings for your domain to point it to our servers:
3. Once logged in, find the DNS manager for the domain.
Note: If you are having trouble locating the DNS manager or any of the below changes, we recommend contacting the support team for your domain registrar.
4. Make sure your domain's Name Servers are pointed to your registrar. Usually this will be the case, but if you are a previous client with liveBooks, they might be pointed to ns1.livebooksedu.com and ns2.livebooksedu.com.
5. Under DNS manager, change the current or add a new A record:
- Host: @ or yourdomainname.com (Example: liveBooks.com)
- Points to: 126.96.36.199
- TTL: 600 or 3600 (depends on what your domain hosting provider allows)
6. Under DNS manager, change the current or add a new CNAME record:
- Create a new, or edit the 'www' CNAME record and point it to the host yourdomainname.com.
7. Save your changes!
Note: You do not need to change your domain's nameservers, only the A record. DNS changes typically take 24 to 48 hours for the change to fully take place.
Helpful articles on how to add an A Record on different registrars:
1and1 - video
MyDomain.com - video
DreamHost - article
BlueHost - article
HostMonster - article
NameCheap - article
If you wish to push multiple alias domains to your liveBooks site, click here for info.